Will the Carolina Panthers 2018 seas

Infos et discussions autour du Stade Brestois
Répondre
panxing18
Débutant
Débutant

Will the Carolina Panthers 2018 seas

Message par panxing18 » 16 août 2019 03:35

on be boom or bust? With less than three weeks until the NFL season kicks off Blue Ryan Kalil Jersey , I’m getting the feeling that the 2018 Panthers could be a “boom or bust” team. There is a lot to be excited about with this roster, but I also see a lot of red flags when I take off my “optimistic Panthers homer” glasses and look at things more objectively. The Panthers have been a boom or bust team recently with successful seasons followed by down years. Just look at the wild fluctuations in wins by year going back to 2012:Panthers win totalsYearWinsLossesTiesYearWinsLossesTiesBoom. Bust. Boom. Bust. Ladies and gentlemen, the Carolina Panthers!True to form, the 2018 Panthers could be really good or they could be really disappointing, here’s why:The case for a “boom” yearPassing Attack - For the first time in his career Cam Newton finally has receiving weapons. Devin Funchess, Torrey Smith, and Jarius Wright should be reliable veterans. Rookie D.J. Moore could be an impact player and Curtis Samuel continues to develop. Throw in Greg Olsen and Christian McCaffrey and the 2018 Panthers should have the team’s strongest receiving corps in years. Norv-a-licious - Replacing Mike Shula with Norv Turner should give the offense some creativity and innovation that was previously lacking. Turner is inheriting the No. 12 scoring offense from 2017 and the teams has more weapons at skill positions than it did a year ago. The offense could score a lot of points this year assuming the offensive line can do its job. The Front Seven - Replacing Star Lotulelei with Dontari Poe is a clear upgrade. A front seven consisting of Poe, Kawann Short, Julius Peppers Ryan Kalil Jersey 2019 , Mario Addison, Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis, and Shaq Thompson should wreak some serious havoc. The case for a “bust” yearOffensive line - The O-line could be scary bad, y’all. You know about the injuries to Daryl Williams, Amini Silatolu, and now Matt Kalil. Center Ryan Kalil is declining and a perpetual injury risk, potentially putting four of the five offensive line positions in flux. It doesn’t matter how good Cam’s receiving weapons are if shoddy protection leaves him running for his life all season. Corners - Carolina’s cornerbacks have the potential to be as vulnerable as the offensive line. James Bradberry and Captain Munnerlyn are generally capable but far from lock-down defenders. Donte Jackson, Corn Elder 2019 Trai Turner Jersey , and Cole Luke are young and unproven. Kevon Seymour, LaDarius Gunter, and Lorenzo Doss have bounced around without permanently landing starting gigs. If I was an opposing offensive coordinator, I’d just forget the running game, play a four-receiver set, and pick on the weakest link among Carolina’s below-average CBs. A Slow Start - In addition to Daryl Williams’ injury, Thomas Davis will be suspended for the first four games. Carolina has new offensive and defensive coordinators this year and it may take a couple of weeks for the coaching staff to hit its stride. What if the Panthers start 0-2 with two tough games against the Cowboys and Falcons, then split with the Bengals and Giants? A 1-3 start is not where a “boom” team wants to be a quarter of the way into the season. The Panthers record has been hard to predict over the past couple of seasons. It’s been boom and bust. Last year was a boom season after an 11-5 record and a playoff berth, so based on previous history we should be ready for a bust in 2018. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself. CHARLOTTE Blue Trai Turner Jersey , N.C. (AP) — When Carolina’s Christian McCaffrey ripped off a 59-yard run against the Seattle Seahawks, there was no tapping his helmet.He wasn’t coming out of the game.The second-year running back told Cam Newton in the huddle before the next play “I’m ready to go,” then took a handoff on the next play and picked up another 15 yards.“Any other average running back would’ve tapped his head and said, ‘I need a blow,'” Newton said.McCaffrey has been the Energizer Bunny of the Panthers‘ offense, playing in 97 percent of the team’s offensive plays through 11 games — the most in the NFL.And he’s showing no signs of letting up.He became the first Carolina player in franchise history to eclipse 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in the same game last Sunday. Despite the loss to the Seahawks, his 237 total yards set a franchise record.Entering Sunday’s game at Tampa Bay, McCaffrey is fourth in the NFL in total yards from scrimmage with 1,365. He has 757 yards rushing and five touchdowns Blue Jarius Wright Jersey , 608 yards receiving yards on 71 catches and five more TDs.McCaffrey said he never really gets tired — and if he does, he just ignores it.“I don’t think of it,” McCaffrey said. “When I’m in the game there is so much adrenaline. I never really feel like I’m gasping. You have to push through that.”“He doesn’t look like it is wearing on him,” said Panthers coach Ron Rivera, whose team is looking to snap a three-game losing streak. “He works hard at everything he does and takes care of himself the way you expect a pro to do. Our other young guys can learn from that example.”The 5-foot-11, 205-pound McCaffrey is proving to everyone he’s not too small to be an every-down — and basically every-play — running back.Newton said McCaffrey is always out to prove something and bristles when someone calls him a “small” running back.“When they take you at the eighth pick, you have a lot of people counting on you,” McCaffrey said. “So I knew it was going to be a pivotal (role). But at the same time, you still have to earn everything. And that’s kind of my mindset Jarius Wright Jersey 2019 , how it’s always been.”Said Newton: “C-Mac has defied all odds. The thing that has always put me at comfort with C-Mac is he’s always been a workhorse. He’s always been a playmaker. There’s no denying that. C-Mac was everything (we thought he could be), and a bag of chips.”McCaffrey believes that players like McCaffrey, Le’Veon Bell, Todd Gurley and Alvin Kamara are changing the running back position in the NFL.“Those guys are all-down backs,” Newton said. “And they can take a screen pass, score. They can take a trap, score. They can block in the pass game. They’re everything. And they’re changing the game. My hat goes off to all of those guys knowing that they’re a part of the evolving of the game, just like dual-threat quarterbacks.”

Répondre